Richard, Richard, Richard..you shouldn’t have…(but he did), I really was not expecting to recieve such an award, and maybe under another frame of mind I would not have accepted it, but what the award embodies is what made me accept this graciously (well, I’m trying to). So what’s it all about? Let me enlighten you:
“The Imagine Award” is an award that was created by Jenn Mulherin (who is the writer of the blog “My Fibrotastic Life!”) in October of 2013. This award was made in order to recognize the bloggers who express their passion and dedication towards their blogs through their creativity.
Here’s what you need to do to accept the Imagine Award:
In a post dedicated to this award:
1. Copy and paste The Imagine Award into your post.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog page to your post.
3. List 3-5 things about the nominator’s blog that you like (which you think are very creative).
4. Nominate 5 other bloggers/blogs which you think display a fantastic use of creativity and imagination.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Display The Imagine Award to your blog’s award page.
So, here I set forth with my duties…(my checklist):
- done, done, done.
- Did I not already do so…? Ahem…Where is my manners…thank you Richard, you are too kind. 😀
- I always know I will find a refreshing read when I visit Richard’s blog, and I am not ever let down, he has this beautiful way with words, the images he conjures up, the feelings he evokes makes me appreciate his words even more, RichardAnkersWrites is a fab addition to my reading list and he’s also a friendly soul, so that makes it bearable too (I’m jesting of course lol), it’s not bearable, it’s a delight. If you do not already know who Richard is, then please do visit his blog and see if you appreciate his work as much as me (I’m sure you will, trust me 😉 ).
- My nominations (this part was hard, but I’m hoping you appreciate why I have nominated these lovely blogs): *Samantha Writes, “Just your average fifteen year old who knows she can’t write but does it anyway.” Is her tagline, but what Samantha fails to acknowledge is, she can really -really write, and she does so with an elegance and grace I’ve not seen in a long while, Sam you deserve this award, you are a true talent waiting to be discovered -so shush with your protest and accept this as graciously as I’m trying to do. 😉 *Unzip These Lips, VieRomero (AKA Vic), is speaking her mind in this blog (and she’s doing so beautifully), when she’s not writing poems, her thoughts and diary entries come alive with pure wit and amusement; Vic always has something interesting to say -and she does so in her unique way (which I love), if you haven’t already stumbled across Vic’s blog, then do so pronto, I’m sure you’ll get hooked too. *The Autobiography of Mr Perfect, is surprisingly written by Mr Perfect, I stumbled across his blog only last week (through Voice Week), and what a gem it is, the words which fall off his pen and onto the page is captivating, it’s a must read as he is bound to take you into another world with the stories he creates. *Shah’s Scribbles, Shah is a fellow writer who I chanced upon whilst taking part in OctPoWriMo and since then I have grown an admiration for her; despite what life has thrown at her, she always manages to create something beautiful, graceful and poignant in her poems; what she writes always makes you think further, and for that and the inspiration she is, I highly recommend you pop by and check out her blog. *Love the Bad Guy, is my fifth and final
victim-ahem, I meant nomination, the author of this blog is Jess, she’s another Voice Week find (if you do not know what voice week is about, do check out the Voice Week HQ blog and be prepared for when it starts again next year); the stories Jess weaves are refreshing and engaging -she finds ways to captivate you with the opening lines and next, you find you’ve read the whole post; her creativity and quirky mind just makes her tales that more enticing, so please do pop by and check out her blog.
- As soon as I post this, everyone will be notified. 😉
- Oh gah…an awards page –
darn you Richard for nominating me…I suppose it has to be done..*begrudgingly goes to set up said page*
So, there you have it, my nominations, my thank yous, and my attempt at being gracious, (I hope I’ve achieved that). Thank you for bearing with me and reading through till the end of this post, I do hope you find the blogs above a delight to read, and mostly, thank you for taking the time to read, like and comment on my posts, you always put a smile on my face, so thank you. 🙂
P.S. My lovely nominees, by all means, I do hope you do not feel pressured to accept this (except for Sam that is), feel free to accept or reject this award, I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your creativity. 😀